Denver County Court

Clear a Warrant

If you have a warrant for your arrest in a criminal, municipal ordinance, or traffic case, you have options for clearing the warrant.

  • Turn yourself in to the Denver Police Department and be booked into jail.  You will be brought before a Judge, but more than likely you will spend a night in jail.
  • Post the required bond and fees. To find the bond amount, you can look up your case online.  You must go to the Bonding Office located on the first floor of the VanCise-Simonet Detention Center, 490 W. Colfax Avenue to pay the bond and fees.  You can also use a Professional Bondsman to post the bond.  You will be given a new court date to appear.
  • Pay a warrant cancellation fee of $100 and receive a new appearance date.  The $100 fee is  nonrefundable.  You can do this online or appear and pay the fee at the Clerk’s Office in Room 160 of the Lindsey-Flanigan Courthouse, 520 W. Colfax Avenue, or Room 135 of the City and County Building, 1437 Bannock Street.  This will cancel your warrant and get your case back on the Judge’s docket.  NOTE:  You may only use this option if you failed to appear for arraignment.  (If your case is scheduled to be heard at 1437 Bannock Street and you failed to appear at a Disposition Hearing, you may also take advantage of this option.)  CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

    IMPORTANT WARNING:  Warrants will be cancelled within 10 to 15 minutes upon full payment.  Please be aware there is a possibility when technical difficulties beyond our control may delay the cancellation process.
  • Plead guilty and pay the total amount of fine, costs and $50.00 warrant fee if you failed to appear at arraignment on a payable case.  Payable cases are park curfew, glass bottles prohibited – littering, public consumption of alcohol, failure to obey a posted sign in park, scalping tickets, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, and smoking prohibited.  This option is only available if you appear in person in room 160 of the Lindsey Flanigan Courthouse at 520 W. Colfax

If you have a warrant in a civil case, please review the information found in the Civil Section of this site.

If you choose not to do any of these options, your warrant will remain active and you could be arrested at any time.  The Marshals actively work to arrest individuals who fail to appear or comply with a court order.  You could also be arrested by other law enforcement officers if you are stopped or contacted.  If you are arrested, you will need to post bond or wait to appear before a Judge before you are released.  The arrest will be a permanent part of your criminal record.