Denver County Court


Denver County Court accepts passport applications by appointment only at the Clerk’s Office located in the Lindsey-Flanigan Courthouse at 520 W. Colfax Avenue, Room 160. Appointments are available from 8:30 AM to 2:00PM and take 20-30 minutes per person. To schedule an appointment, contact the Clerk’s Office at (720) 337-0410, option 3. 

The Bureau of Consular Affairs of the U.S. Department of State issues all travel documents that allow Americans to travel the globe. They have statutory authority to issue passports and establish all related policies. Therefore, you must follow all instructions for passport application found on their website at 

You must:

  • Schedule an appointment;
  • Bring the completed DS-11 Form (use only black ink)
    • (NOTE: Denver County Court cannot do passport renewals (Form DS-82).;
  • Provide evidence of U.S. Citizenship; such as,
    • old or expired passport
    • original or certified birth certificate
    • naturalization form
  • Provide a valid photo identification;
  • Submit a photocopy (both sides) of the photo identification document(s);
  • Provide one passport photo;
  • Pay the required fee(s) in check or money order.  Find fee amounts on  Please be advised a $35.00 fee will be charged by the Court to submit your passport application.  This must be a separate payment from the check or money order intended for the U.S. Department of State and can be paid by Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check or Money Order made out to the Manager of Finance.  An additional check or money order can be made out to the U.S. Postmaster if you would like to overnight it from our facility.  (Check Flat Rate envelope or overnight fees here:

More detailed requirements and instructions are found at Please note the special requirements for:

  • All minors under age 16;
  • All minors age 16 and 17;
  • Diplomatic, Official, and Regular no-fee passports.

Birth Certificates can be obtained from the Office of Vital Records in the state in which you were born.

To replace a lost or stolen passport contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778, between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. (Eastern Time), Monday through Friday.