The Denver County Court Self Help Center provides free, in-person assistance to civil litigants not represented by an attorney. The hours of the Center are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The Denver County Court Self Help Center is located with the Denver District Court Self Help Center and the Denver Probate Self Help Center at 1437 Bannock Street in Room 281.
Self Help Center staff can assist with civil county court cases, such as:
- Small Claims Cases
- Money and Personal Property Matters under $25,000
- Protection Orders
- Name Changes
- Judgment Collection and Garnishments
- Civil Appeals
Self Help Center staff can provide assistance with:
- Locating and Filling out Forms
- Understanding Court Procedures, Rules, and Terminology
- Finding Applicable Statutes
- Referrals to Community Resources
Self Help Center staff CANNOT provide legal advice or representation to litigants. If you have questions regarding the scope of the services provided by the Center, please see the Chief Justice Directive for Self Represented Litigant Coordinators .
If you would like to ask the Center staff a question electronically, please submit it here.
Pro Se Panel Program
Thank you for your interest in the Denver County Court pro se Panel Program! This program provides stand up opportunities for attorneys to assist pro se low income litigants in Denver County Court civil cases.
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Colorado
- Colorado Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Legal Entrepreneurs for Justice
- LGBT Bar Association of Colorado
- Sam Cary Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association of Colorado
If you would like to volunteer as an attorney please complete the application form here: Pro Se Panel Application
*** Please note that the Denver County Court is not responsible for the contents of the application form nor the hosting/storage of the data from the form. If you have questions or need assistance with the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ***