One Time Arraignment Continuance
A one-time continuance, or reschedule, may be granted for municipal or misdemeanor cases scheduled for arraignment in the Criminal Division at Lindsey-Flanigan Courthouse. The rescheduled hearing cannot exceed two-weeks from the currently scheduled date. Municipal and misdemeanor cases are heard Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday. The municipal docket is at 8:00 AM and the misdemeanor docket is at 1:00 PM.
The one-time continuance can be requested in person in the Criminal Clerk’s Office, 520 W. Colfax Avenue, Room 160, over the telephone at (720) 337-0410, or on the Denver County Court website using a valid email, phone number and address.
The following criteria must apply to receive the one-time continuance:
- The case is set for arraignment with no previous continuance;
- The request must be at least 24 hours in advance of the currently scheduled date and time.
- The defendant cannot be in custody or on bond;
Cases that are not eligible for a one-time continuance are:
- Unlawful Sexual Contact
- Bias-Motivated Crimes
- Careless Driving – Resulting in Death
- Indecent Exposure
- Violation of Protection Order
- Child Abuse