The following rules are guidelines for each courtroom. Note: Each Judicial Officer presiding over a courtroom may relax or enhance these guidelines in the exercise of their discretion.
- No food, drink, or gum chewing;
Dress in appropriate attire. Shirt and shoes are required. Men are not allowed to wear hats or any other type of head gear. Tank tops or shorts are inappropriate and the Judge could decide not to hear your case if dressed inappropriately;
- No weapons. Denver County Courthouses are fully secured facilities and all visitors are subject to weapons screening upon entering the facility;
- All electronic devices such as cell phones and lap-top computers must be silenced or turned off in the courtroom;
- Address the Judge or Magistrate as “Your Honor”;
- Maintain a professional demeanor;
- Be on time;
- Do not enter the area between the counsel table and Judge’s bench without permission;
- If you are under the age of 18, you must bring a parent or legal guardian with you.