If you fail to appear for a court hearing or don’t follow the orders of a judicial officer, several things could happen:
- A warrant may be issued for your arrest.
- A default judgment will enter on the case if you are charged with a traffic infraction.
- A $50 fail to appear or pay penalty will be assessed.
- A $30 OJW fee and a hold will be placed on your driver’s license by the Department of Motor Vehicle resulting in the cancelling of your drivers license and the inability to renew or obtain your license.
- Your probation could be revoked.
- Your wages could be garnished for failure to pay.
- Your case will be referred to a collection agency.
- Your bond may be forfeited.
- Your credit rating could be negatively impacted if you fail to pay your fines and fees on time.
To verify the status of your case, you may access the court’s online case information.