The following rules are guidelines for each courtroom. Note: The Judicial Officer presiding over a courtroom may relax or enhance these guidelines in the exercise of their discretion.
- No food, drink, or gum chewing;
- Dress in appropriate attire. Shirt and shoes are required. Men are not allowed to wear hats or any type of head gear. Casual attire such as wearing a tank top or shorts is inappropriate and the judge could decide not to hear your case if dressed inappropriately;
- No weapons. Denver County Courthouses are fully secured facilities and all visitors are subject to weapons screening upon entering the facility;
- All electronic devices such as pagers, cell phones, I-pads, and lap-top computers must be silenced or turned off in the courtroom;
- Address the Judge or Magistrate as “Your Honor”;
- Maintain a professional demeanor and attitude;
- Be on time for your hearing;
- Do not enter the area between the counsel table and Judge’s bench without permission.