Denver County Court’s specialty dockets, courts and programs offer a non-traditional approach to criminal case processing by addressing potential underlying issues that may result in criminal behavior. Using a lens of therapeutic jurisprudence and interdisciplinary approaches, the opportunity to address individuals needs related to the eight criminogenic needs is presented to program participants. Common challenges for individuals include financial stability, housing stability, and untreated behavioral health conditions.
Denver County Court currently supports six specialty dockets, courts and programs and is readying to launch two additional programs later in 2021.
- Sobriety Court (DUI Treatment Court)
- HEM (Helping, Engaging, Motivating)
- REACH (Resilience, Empowerment, Autonomy, Community, Hope)
- DUR Navigator Program
- Outreach Court
- Forensic Peer Navigator Program
- Wellness Program (Coming Soon)